PROMISE AGEP at UMD
Funded by the National Science Foundation, PROMISE: Maryland’s Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) is a university system-wide effort to increase the number of minority students receiving doctoral degrees and entering the professoriate in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Contact UMD PROMISE AGEP Coordinator Christopher Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about PROMISE activities at University of Maryland and system-wide institutions.
As one of PROMISE’s founding partners, the University of Maryland coordinates several programs and activities in collaboration with the other founding partners, the University of Maryland, Baltimore, and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
UMD Activities Include:
- Annual Networking Reception and Dinner for Diverse Graduate Students(supporting partner PROMISE AGEP)
- Annual USM PROMISE AGEP Fall Harvest Dinner & Networking Reception
- Writing Retreats (co-sponsored and facilitated by the Graduate School's Graduate Writing Center)
- Monthly PhD Completion Workshops for UMD graduate students
- Annual USM PROMISE AGEP Research Symposium and Professional Development Conference
- Annual USM PROMISE AGEP Celebration of Graduates