Doctoral Alumni Career Services
The University of Maryland is committed to assisting its doctoral alumni with their career development after graduation. Services are provided through the Alumni Association in collaboration with the network of career services offices on campus. In addition to the Alumni Association, the Schools of Engineering, Business and Public Policy provide services to doctoral alumni through their career services offices. Alumni from all other Colleges and Schools are served by the Partnership between the Graduate School and the University Career Center & The President's Promise. Links to these offices and select resources are below.
Doctoral and Postdoctoral Alumni Network (Terrapins Connect)
Get started with our online networking and career platform Terrapins Connect to access the doctoral and postdoctoral alumni network called UMD-DOCNET. There, you will also have access to view or post job/internship postings, gain industry insights, engage in discussions and more. This is also where you can register for doctoral alumni-focused events, and stay connected to the latest news and updates from the campus and the Graduate School.
- Learn how to use Terrapins Connect and create your account.
- In addition to UMD-DOCNET on Terrapins Connect, consider adding in other groups from the system that are of interest like Clark School of Engineering (Current Students & Alumni), BIPOC STEM, Women in STEM, and beyond.
*Each school/college offers different advising for doctoral alumni. Public Policy = PLCY, Engineering = ENGR.
Start-up and Entrepreneurial Support
- UM Ventures Workshops
- StartUp UMD Youtube Channel
- Case-by-Case access to the Entrepreneur-in-Residence (Contact: Alla Corey McCoy, Director of Startup Support at UM Ventures, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- UMD Innovation Gateway
- Terp Entrepreneurs Network (Linkedin)
- National Science Foundation's I-Corps program (for current doc students only)
Follow Us on Twitter